Skills that set you up for life
- Learn more languages as you go through life.
Here is why speaking multiple languages gives you superpowers;🧙🏽♀️
• It increases your insightfulness, aids your worldview and a better understanding of the things around you,
• It helps shape your perspective and formulate a better perception of the world around you.
Language has a lot to do with nuance. Nuance has a lot to do with intellect.
2. Engage in discussions and conversations with people outside of your age group: ethnic background, religion and socioeconomic status.
This improves your level of compassion and overall sense of understanding of everything.
3. Discover different cuisines. Your taste palate will thank you for it.
People everywhere have been surviving on a specific diet for centuries. Globalisation allows the world to share and exchange cultural views and food. This is one of the small significant wins of a global village.
4. Pick up a musical instrument and learn to play it. Music helps you express yourself and process emotions.
The ability to read music will allow you to play other musical instruments.
5. Singing benefits your health. TRY IT.
6. Playing sports is great. You will find that each sport you participate in aids your body differently.
Ball sports such as handball, tennis, baseball and basketball are great for eye-hand coordination and team spirit.
Hockey strengthens your back muscles. Dancing is for excellent mobility and flexibility. 💃
With swimming(watersport), you train all the muscles in your body at once.
Handy if you are a bit on the lazy spectrum.
You do the same with rock climbing; you will get balkier, whereas, with swimming, yoga and pilates, you build muscle but become leaner.
Hiking aids the nervous system.
Walk rather than run; less pressure on the knees. Better for the heart.
Cycle rather than run.
Boardgames help with your level of multi-tasking and are a great social activity. Computer games benefit your coordination and responsiveness.
Open-air sports are better by definition.
Avoid the gym.
All sports help you improve your judgement. Moderation is key.
7. Add spices and herbs to your diet. This helps with allergies and eliminates digestive problems.
8. Learn a programming language.
9. Confront your fears. Tackle them head-on. Eat a tarantula next time while you are on a hike.
Cuddle with a grizzly bear 🐻 IT might make you immortal.
10. Seek out new challenges. Embrace change. Prevent getting stuck and being caught in one profession. One hobby. One routine. Different is not always bad. Change is good. It prevents boredom and perhaps also an untimely death.
Go on enrich your life with play🤸♂️.
Climb🧗♀️ that mountain in a skirt.